Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Kitty Calendar anyone?







Ok, so here's the deal. I love clothes and I love animals, but it's pretty damn creepy when I see dogs trotting around in knitted sweaters or real-life versions of Puss in Boots. That's why my face was a combination of horror and too-cute-must-die meltiness when I saw United Bamboo's 2010 Calendar preview featuring kittens in miniature versions of UB duds. However, the fact that their donating all the proceeds from the calendar to a cat charity somehow makes it all worth while. Fashion designer Miho Aoki was brainstorming unique ways to photograph United Bamboo's Spring 2010 clothing collection when it came to her: Nameneko, the trend from her native Japan of dressing up cats in costume and photographing them. The company is taking orders via email (help@unitedbamboo.com). AND best of all, They plan to donate the proceeds to a cat charity.



Here's the link to the UB website: United Bamboo 2010 Calendar